Monday, April 19, 2010

a little background info. I'm a Navy Girlfriend.

I swore up and down I would never date a guy in the military. It would just be too hard. But you can't help who you love. I'm now down to four weeks and for the moment I still have my sanity O_o He's only been gone for a month but it already feels like an eternity! Twenty-three more months to go *sigh* They say this gets easier but I'm still a mess. I've been trying to keep busy but everything I do makes me think of him. I feel guilty for getting to sleep in, or go out to eat, or hang with friends. He's probably going through hell and all I can do is complain about missing him. I've gone through LDR in the past and it ended in eight months after being together for four years, but I know this time we are strong enough to endure this, but how does someone ever adjust to the separation. It sucks.

I guess I've been holding up pretty well but the problem I'm having is that everything I find online about navy girlfriends, and the navy in general is so negative relating to girlfriends. It's so discouraging and I guess disheartening to be googling all about deployments and see stuff about how break ups occur so much or that your relationship will never survive. I really love him and this time I know it's real. I hope nothing ever changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment